Information Security and Information Technology Professional with broad-based experience and hands-on skill in Information Security, Systems Administration and Engineering, Desktop Support operations, cost-effective management of innovative customer and technical support strategies, as well as Forensic Log Analysis, Endpoint Security, and implementation of policies and procedures for an increased security posture. Proven ability to analyze an organization’s critical IT requirements, identifies deficiencies and potential opportunities, and develop innovative solutions for increasing reliability and improving productivity and security. Demonstrates a broad understanding of computer hardware and software, including installation, configuration, management, troubleshooting, and support.
Security – Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 – IIS – Linux – Windows 7/8/10 – MSSQL – Avaya – VPN – Sophos Suite – Endpoint Security – Trend Micro A/V – DNS – DHCP – Active Directory – LAN – WAN – Networking
Security+ Network+ A+ CIW Web Foundations Associate
GT Advanced Technologies – Merrimack, NH 9/2014 – 9/2015
Network Security Analyst
Responsible for the administration and use of the following security applications/devices:
- RSA Security Analytics- collection of network traffic and log event data for data analytics in the use of threat discovery and investigations
- Blue Coat ProxySG- proxy appliance used for web filtering, data loss prevention, inspection and visibility of SSL-encrypted traffic, content caching, and bandwidth management
- Forescout CounterACT- NAC, endpoint compliance, real-time intelligence, and policy based control
- Bit9 Carbon Black- endpoint threat prevention, detection, and response, application control/whitelisting, complete kill chain analysis
- FireEye NX and EX Series- network and email appliances for the prevention, detection, and response to zero-day exploit attempts, web drive-by downloads, and advanced malware
- Sophos Endpoint Security- endpoint protection that includes antivirus, HIPS, web security, DLP, application control, device control, and malicious traffic detection
Also responsible for all server patching using Shavlik and assisting with endpoint patching using Microsoft SCCM.
Sage Data Security LLC – Portland, ME 4/2013 – 9/2014
- Review and analysis of multi-vendor firewalls, Microsoft Windows event logs, custom application logs, IIS logs, MSSQL logs, Switch logs, WAP logs, and RSA event logs.
- Thorough understanding and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server OS needed to forensically review logs for possible malware infections or intrusion attempts
- Researching current attack trends and methodologies.
- Report writing.
B2W Software – Portsmouth, NH 8/2012 – 3/2013
- Responsible for troubleshooting front-end application issues and back-end SQL database issues for customers of B2W’s heavy construction software. Issues included the setup, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and IIS.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server OS needed for installation of software and troubleshooting of any issues.
- Worked closely with development to identify and remediate bugs in the software
- Tracked issues using Microsoft CRM as well as JIRA
- Responsible for implementing and managing all virtualized servers, for the use of testing customer issues, using VMware and HyperV.
CCS – Portsmouth, NH 10/2006 – 8/2012
Desktop Support Manager (2008 – 2012)
- Responsible for multiple Windows Server 2003 and 2008 servers to include setup, configuration, updating and security
- Part of the team responsible for all security initiatives for PCI, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley, and ISO 27001. Responsible for various remediation tasks to achieve compliance.
- Assisted in managing DNS and DHCP
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day duties of associates reporting to the Desktop Support team
- Responsible for managing ticketing system (Numara Footprints) and assignment of all issues
- Responsible for managing endpoint security platform (Sophos Endpoint Security) including configuration of server and all policies for anti-virus, endpoint firewall, device control, application control, and updating
- Function as a working manager, working alongside the team to resolve issues
- Responsible for desktop level hardening (NIST)
- Responsible for identifying energy cost saving solutions for the enterprise workstation environment by implementing Verdiem Surveyor with projected savings of $100k in the first year
Desktop Support Technician (2007 – 2008)
- Responsible for working tickets from the Numara Track-IT system and then the Numara FootPrints system
- All aspects of desktop support were covered from hardware to software issues, including printers
- Worked closely with Network and Systems team to troubleshoot network or server based issues
- Worked exclusively to support Dell OptiPlex 170, 210, and 320 systems
Technology Support Specialist (2006 – 2007)
- Responsible for monitoring the predictive dialer for issues related to the database, telephone lines, or issues at the desktop level with the agent software
- Responsible for producing reports on dialing
- Responsible for importing tables to the dialer and exporting tables at close of business
Campagne Associates – Manchester, NH 1/2001 – 10/2006
Sub Contracted Trainer (2004 – 2006)
- Provided remote training via WebEx for Campagne Associates clients
- Trained clients on proprietary relational database software for the non-profit sector called GiftMaker Pro
Support Representative (2001 – 2004)
- Supported clients via e-mail and phone on Campagne Associates’ GiftMaker Pro relational database software
- Worked as a bridge between support and development for SQL database related issues discovered via support calls
Newmarket International – Portsmouth, NH 1/2000 – 12/2000
Tier 3 Support Representative (2000)
- Supported clients of Newmarket International’s rooms, rates and reservations software called Delphi Multi-Property
- Worked through e-mail queue of issues or from direct calls for support
Working towards Bachelors in Information Technology Security
Western Governor’s University – 2013 – Present