Lumension Endpoint Security Suite has its interface to hedge in the new version launched v4.5 SR2. The update brings many new features.
- "Agent" support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems
- Advanced features for the "Portable Device Class", ie mobile devices that can be connected as a mass storage to the computer shadowing capability for data transfers to / from the mobile device Optional Read-Only Access Copy Limits
- Network printers and Citrix devices can be added by right-clicking the Device Explorer and provided with a WRITE DENIED now easy
- Users are notified when the Windows Script Host nor the Internet Explorer 9 uses ScriptEngine
- The status window can now be permanently adjusted in size
- small bugfixes
To install the update, please go in the corresponding download tab. Prerequisite for the upgrade is of course a valid maintenance requirement.
The complete release notes from manufacturers find Siebzw. hereinafter referred to as extract the most current version:
NEW IN VERSION 4.5 SR2 (build 2608) [17-Jan-2014]
The Lumension Endpoint Security 4.5 SR2 release includes the following new features:
- Network printers and Citrix® devices can now be added to Device Explorer through the right-click context menu on WRITE-DENIED events in Log Explorer.
- Lumension Endpoint Security now prompts the user if the Windows® Script Host is using the Internet Explorer® 9 script engine.
- Default size of the Status window has been increased and a user-selected size can now be saved.
- Client support for Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32- and 64-bit) and Windows Server 2012 R2 (64 bit only).
- Portable Device class updates: Read-only access available. Copy Limits are enforceable. Shadowing capability added.
The Lumension Endpoint Security 4.5 SR2 release resolves the following issues:
- User could not access a portable device when only assigned the Read/Write permission. Portable device was identified as a Removable Storage Device.
- All Log Explorer Reason column values were not documented in the User Guide/Help.
- Resolved a performance issue observed when compiling projects using Microsoft Visual Studio® 2010 with a Lumension Endpoint Security 4.4 SR10 client installed.
- Updated the system requirements for the Windows® 2000 OS in the Lumension Endpoint Security Application Control User Guide.
- „The requested allocation size was too large“ error no longer displays in SVolBro when a user tries to paste a file larger than the free space on the device.
- 4.5 SXS installer would pass a license file check with a renamed license file, resulting in failures later in the installation process.
- Help file for „Synchronizing Local Users and User Groups“ contained incomplete information.
- Text in the German-language Password Recovery dialog in SVolBro required correction.
- Left pane in SVolBro would not appear upon pressing F5 with focus on „Computer“.
- SVolBro in Citrix XenApp™ was not refreshing when a device was removed and reconnected.
- Printing issue was encountered when using PDF creator with shadowing enabled.
- Issues occurred when copying/dragging files and folders to other folders.
- Drive tree view in SVolBro did not refresh properly.
- Selecting a Computer in the left pane of SVolBro would make the device information in the right pane vanish.
- Wrong context menu was being shown in the right pane of XenApp SVolBro.
- SVolBro would show all device folders as encrypted upon extracting a folder from an encrypted stick to the same device.
- SVolBro would go into an infinite loop of creating copies when extracting from an unencrypted removable device to the same device.
- Key pair generator would crash during exiting.
- UMTS modems were not always blocked on Lenovo™ laptops.
- USB audio would break-up when SCOMC was stopped on Lenovo laptops.
- Folder with a specific name could not be moved in SVolBro.
- SK-NDIS Miniport and Miniport WAN were retained after Lumension Endpoint Security Agent uninstall.
- Lumension Endpoint Security Client 4.5 SR1 and SR1.1 caused reboot loops to occur on Windows 2000 machines.
- Removable Devices were being classified as Portable Devices.
- Installation of Microsoft Visio® and Project failed on endpoints with an MSI error.
- VMWare® Tools installation/upgrade failed.
- Compliance Mode is not supported on Windows 2000.
- During installation, Lumension Device Control may not validate Certificate Authority for expired or revoked certificates.
- Automatic Load Balancing option may be disabled when updating the server, unless a user deletes or modifies specific registry keys before or after the update process.
- When logged into a Windows 7 system using remote desktop, domain users do not receive Lumension Endpoint Security event notifications.
- Users may in some instances be unable to close the RTNotify dialog that displays immediately after boot.
- Hewlett-Packard® LaserJet™ 4250 DTN Network Printers are not blocked by Lumension Device Control and will work regardless of the device permissions settings.
- Administrators must assign Read/Write permissions to the LocalSystem for the Removable Storage Devices class to allow users to encrypt removable media with Microsoft Windows 7 BitLocker To Go.