Move Symantec EndPoint 11 Database to other location without re-installation
Symantec EndPoint Protection 11 Manager come with embedded database. The default location for the database is stored in "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5.db". This database might grow and this will cause your C: drive running low of disk space.
1. Stop "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" and then follow by "Symantec Embedded Database" in Windows services.
2. Move "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db" to new location. For our example, we move it to E: drive with same folder structure. "E:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db"
3. Run registry editor "regedit"
4. Replace the location path in the following registry key
Note: You might want to copy the whole parameters into notepad, and then use the replace function to replace old path with new path then copy back to the registry parameter.
5. Modify another registry key below:
Change the DatabaseFile value to new DB location path
6. Start "Symantec Embedded Database" and then follow by "Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager" in Windows services.
7. You should be able to login the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager after re-located the DB location. You can double-check by looking at the file modification date for the files in new DB location.